Indulging in a slice of moist and flavorful banana nut cake is like embracing the warm embrace of comfort food. This classic dessert combines the sweetness of ripe bananas with the satisfying crunch of toasted nuts, resulting in a treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re celebrating a special event or simply craving a homemade delight, this banana nut cake recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Banana Nut Cake Recipe?
- Mixing bowls (medium and large)
- Electric mixer or hand whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Parchment paper or baking spray
- Oven for baking
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For the Nut Filling:
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line the bottom of the cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer or hand whisk.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
5. Mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well combined.
6. Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
7. Gently fold in the chopped nuts to add a delightful crunch to the cake batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The preparation time for this banana nut cake recipe is approximately 20 minutes.
- Baking time takes around 40-45 minutes.
- Total time, including baking and cooling, is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Nutritional Facts On Banana Nut Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
While indulging in a slice of banana nut cake, you’re not only treating your taste buds but also enjoying some health benefits:
- Bananas are a good source of vitamins, particularly vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Nuts provide healthy fats, protein, and essential minerals such as magnesium and zinc.
- Cinnamon is known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Enjoy a slice of banana nut cake on its own or elevate the experience with:
- A dollop of freshly whipped cream.
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful contrast of temperatures and textures.
- A drizzle of caramel sauce for an extra touch of indulgence.
- A sprinkle of powdered sugar for a simple, elegant finish.
To keep your banana nut cake fresh and delicious:
- Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
- For longer storage, refrigerate the cake for up to 5-7 days. Make sure to wrap it tightly to prevent it from drying out.
- If freezing, wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or resealable freezer bags. Frozen cake can last for up to 2-3 months.
The banana nut cake recipe offers a delightful blend of flavors and textures that’s perfect for various occasions.
From its simple preparation to its wholesome ingredients and health benefits, this cake is a testament to the joy of homemade baking.
So, grab those ripe bananas and nuts, preheat your oven, and get ready to savor a slice of heartwarming goodness.