When it comes to desserts that marry the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness, a berry cake stands in a league of its own.
Bursting with vibrant colors and robust flavors, a berry cake is not only a treat for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this berry cake recipe is sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire.
Table of Contents
How To Make Berry Cake Recipe?
- Mixing bowls (various sizes)
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- Cake tester or toothpick
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a larger mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
5. Mix in the vanilla extract.
6. Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry mixture, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
7. Gently fold in the mixed berries, being careful not to crush them. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar for an elegant finish.
- Total time: Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Active time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Baking time: Approximately 45-50 minutes
Nutritional Information Of Berry Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
This berry cake recipe isn’t just a treat for your taste buds; it also offers a range of health benefits. Berries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which promote heart health, support digestion, and strengthen the immune system. The buttermilk used in the recipe provides a dose of probiotics and calcium.
- Serve slices of the berry cake on their own for a delectable dessert.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent touch.
- Pair the cake with a warm cup of herbal tea for a delightful afternoon treat.
- Store the berry cake at room temperature, covered, for up to 2 days.
- For longer storage, refrigerate the cake in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze slices of the cake for up to 2-3 months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
This berry cake recipe is a delightful way to enjoy the natural sweetness and health benefits of berries in a delightful dessert. With its vibrant colors and harmonious blend of flavors, this cake is perfect for special occasions, afternoon tea, or whenever you need a little culinary indulgence.
So, gather your ingredients, don your apron, and embark on a journey to create a berry-infused masterpiece that will surely delight your senses.