There’s something undeniably comforting about the aroma of freshly baked goods wafting through the air, and when it comes to Bundt cakes, the allure is even greater.
The Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake is a culinary masterpiece that combines the rich flavors of caramelized sugar with the tender crumb of a perfectly baked cake.
This delightful treat is a symphony of taste and texture that will impress your taste buds and leave you craving more.
Table of Contents
How To Make Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe?
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
For the Burnt Sugar Syrup:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A. Prepare the Burnt Sugar Syrup:
1. combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, swirling occasionally, until the sugar turns deep amber (be careful not to burn it).
3. Immediately pour the syrup into a heatproof container and set aside to cool.
B. Prepare the Cake Batter:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a Bundt pan generously.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and 2 cups of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and sour cream, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
C. Incorporate the Burnt Sugar Syrup:
1. Gently fold in the cooled burnt sugar syrup until the batter is uniformly amber.
D. Bake the Cake:
1. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
2. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
3. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
E. Prepare the Glaze:
1. In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth and pourable. Adjust the milk quantity for your desired consistency.
F. Glaze and Serve:
1. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top, allowing it to flow down the sides.
2. Slice and serve the Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake as a delightful dessert, a satisfying snack, or a special breakfast treat.
While the Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe is undoubtedly a treat for the senses, moderation is key due to its indulgent nature. However, there are a few potential health benefits to consider.
The cake contains butter, milk, and sour cream dairy, providing calcium and protein.
Vanilla extract has been associated with antioxidant properties, and enjoying a slice of this cake in the company of loved ones can boost your mood and create a sense of happiness.
This cake is a showstopper on its own, but you can elevate the experience by serving it with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Fresh berries or sliced fruits also make a delightful accompaniment, adding freshness to balance the sweetness.
To ensure the longevity of your Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake’s freshness, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, wrap slices of the whole cake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw slices in the refrigerator before enjoying.
How Do You Burn Sugar For Baking?
It is best to use a heavy-bottomed saucepan or a non-stick pan, To burn sugar. The heat should be adjusted to medium, and the sugar should be stirred to avoid getting stuck in one place. Continuously stir the sugar and turn on the heat till the sugar melts and turns golden brown.
What Should Melted Butter And Sugar Look Like?
The melted butter and sugar should be hot for 20 to 30 seconds. If you see that the melted butter has separated and that it is pasty, then it’s time to take the pan off the heat. The reason for this is that the mixture can burn when heated.
The Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake Recipe is a classic dessert embodying tradition and indulgence. It’s rich flavors and tender crumb make it an ideal choice for celebrations or simply as a comforting treat.
By following the straightforward recipe and taking advantage of the health benefits, serving suggestions, and storing tips provided, you can create a delectable masterpiece that will delight the senses and create lasting memories.