When indulging in the rich and diverse flavors of the Caribbean, one cannot overlook the mouthwatering delight of Caribbean Pumpkin Cake.
This delectable dessert tantalizes the taste buds with its unique blend of spices and offers a wholesome treat brimming with nutritional benefits.
In this article, we will take you on a culinary journey, providing you with the exact ingredients, a step-by-step making procedure, insights into its health benefits, serving suggestions, and tips for storing this delightful creation.
Table of Contents
How to Make Caribbean Pumpkin Cake Recipe?
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), grease, and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all the ground spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves) in a large bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting, beat the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cake.
Caribbean Pumpkin Cake not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits:
- Pumpkin is a rich source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that supports eye health and immune function.
- The spices used, such as cinnamon and ginger, are known for their anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits.
- Pumpkin is also a good source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Serve generous slices of Caribbean Pumpkin Cake as a delightful dessert after a Caribbean-inspired meal. You can pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or nutmeg for a finishing touch.
To keep your Caribbean Pumpkin Cake fresh and delicious, follow these storing tips:
- Store the cake in an airtight refrigerator container to maintain moisture.
- If you need to store it longer, consider freezing individual slices wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil.
- When ready to enjoy, thaw frozen portions in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I Make Pumpkin Cake Recipe With Cake Mix?
Yes, you can use a cake mix as an alternative to the ingredients pictured above.
How Can I Make This Recipe An Easy Dessert Idea?
Some easy dessert ideas: Include cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Add orange zest to the batter and add more pumpkin puree to the cake’s parts under the seeds. And lastly, add whipped cream on top of it before serving.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. After wrapping the cake with aluminum foil, could you place it in an airtight container? You can freeze it for up to three months.
Caribbean Pumpkin Cake is a delightful fusion of flavors that captures the essence of the Caribbean. Its warm spices, rich pumpkin flavor, and creamy frosting make it a show-stopping dessert for any occasion.
Whether indulging in its delicious taste or reaping its health benefits, this cake is a true tropical delight that will leave your taste buds craving more.