When it comes to comfort food that’s rich in flavor and nutrients, Chicken Keema stands out as a classic dish that never fails to satisfy.
This aromatic Indian dish, made from minced chicken, is a medley of spices, herbs, and tender meat that tantalizes the taste buds and warms the soul.
Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice in the kitchen, this Chicken Keema recipe is sure to become a staple in your culinary repertoire.
Table of Contents
How To Make Chicken Keema Recipe?
- Large skillet or pan
- Cutting board and knife
- Food processor (optional, for mincing chicken)
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 500g minced chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Prepare the Ingredients:
If not using pre-minced chicken, process boneless chicken pieces in a food processor until finely minced.
2. Sauté the Aromatics:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
3. Add Ginger, Garlic, and Green Chilies:
Stir in minced garlic, grated ginger, and chopped green chilies. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
4. Spice it Up:
Add ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Sauté the spices for a couple of minutes to release their flavors.
5. Incorporate the Chicken:
Add the minced chicken to the skillet. Break up any lumps and cook until the chicken turns white and is no longer pink.
6. Tomato Tango:
Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften and blend into the mixture.
7. Aromatic Infusion:
Sprinkle garam masala over the mixture and give it a good stir. Let the flavors meld together for a few minutes.
8. Garnish and Serve:
Once the chicken is cooked through and the mixture is well combined, garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
9. Lemon Zest:
Serve the Chicken Keema with lemon wedges on the side. Squeezing fresh lemon juice over the dish just before eating enhances the flavors.
Preparation Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Nutritional Information Of Chicken Keema Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Note: Nutritional facts can vary based on the specific ingredients used.
Chicken Keema offers a wealth of nutrients from lean protein to the health benefits of spices. Minced chicken is a great source of protein, necessary for muscle repair and overall body function.
The spices in this dish, such as ginger, garlic, and turmeric, are known for their anti-inflammatory and digestion-boosting properties.
- Serve Chicken Keema with steamed rice, naan, or roti for a hearty meal.
- Pair it with a side salad and yogurt raita for a balanced plate.
- This dish can also be used as a filling for wraps, sandwiches, or stuffed parathas.
- Leftover Chicken Keema can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For longer storage, you can freeze Chicken Keema in freezer-safe containers for up to 2 months. Thaw and reheat before consuming.
Chicken Keema is a versatile and delectable dish that brings together the richness of spices and the goodness of lean protein.
With its tantalizing aroma and robust flavors, it’s a perfect choice for both special occasions and comforting weeknight dinners.
So, gather your ingredients and embark on a culinary journey to create this flavorful delight in the comfort of your kitchen.