Nothing quite beats the soothing aroma of cinnamon wafting through your home, especially when the promise of a warm, delectable dessert accompanies it.
Enter the Cinnamon Supper Cake – a delightful treat that marries the comforting flavors of cinnamon with a moist and tender crumb.
Whether enjoyed after dinner or as a midday pick-me-up, this cake is a testament to the joys of homemade baking. In this article, we’ll take you through the process of creating this heavenly dessert step by step.
Table of Contents
Making Procedure Of Cinnamon Supper Cake Recipe
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A. Preparing the Batter:
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk alternately, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
B. Creating the Cinnamon Swirl:
1. mix the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined.
C. Assembling the Cake:
1. Grease and flour a 9×9-inch baking pan. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
2. Sprinkle the cinnamon swirl mixture evenly over the batter.
3. Carefully spoon the remaining batter over the cinnamon swirl layer.
4. Use a knife to swirl the layers, creating a marbled effect gently.
D. Adding the Streusel Topping:
1. Combine the flour, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon for the streusel topping in a bowl.
2. Using your fingers or a fork, cut in the cold cubed butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the cake batter.
E. Baking the Cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
F. Testing for Doneness:
1. To check if the cake is made, insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center. The cake is ready if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
G. Cooling and Serving:
1. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
2. After cooling slightly, carefully transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Slice and serve the Cinnamon Supper Cake, and savor each forkful of its warm, cinnamon-infused goodness.
Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
While you can experiment with whole wheat flour, remember that it may yield a slightly denser texture.
Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Butter contributes to the cake’s flavor and texture. While margarine can be used, the taste and consistency may differ.
Can I freeze the Cinnamon Supper Cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake. Ensure it’s well-wrapped to prevent freezer burn. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
Can I add nuts or raisins to the batter?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts or raisins can be delightful, providing extra texture and flavor.
Is it necessary to use a 9×9-inch pan?
While a 9×9-inch pan is recommended, you can use a similar-sized pan. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Indulge in the heartwarming flavors of Cinnamon Supper Cake, and let its sweet embrace transport you to a world of comfort and culinary delight.
With its simple yet exquisite taste, this dessert is the perfect way to wrap up any meal or enjoy a special treat whenever you crave extra warmth and sweetness.