Sugar cookies are a timeless classic that always pleases both young and old. These sweet treats, with their crisp edges and soft centers, are a blank canvas for creativity and can be enjoyed on any occasion.
In this article, we’ll guide you through crafting a batch of delightful Domino Sugar Cookies with the necessary equipment, ingredients, instructions, preparation time, health benefits, serving suggestions, and storage ideas.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Domino Sugar Cookies Recipe?
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer: To cream the butter and sugar effectively.
- Large Mixing Bowl: For combining dry ingredients.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Accurate measurements are critical to perfect cookies.
- Baking Sheets: Use parchment paper or silicone baking mats to prevent sticking.
- Cookie Cutters: For shaping your cookies into desired designs.
- Rolling Pin: For rolling out the dough evenly.
- Spatula: To transfer cookies to the baking sheets.
- Cooling Rack: Allow cookies to cool evenly.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Domino granulated sugar
- Two large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon salt
For decorating, you can use:
- Icing sugar
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles or edible glitter
A. Creaming the Butter and Sugar:
In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter and granulated sugar.
Beat them with a mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy, typically 2-3 minutes.
B. Incorporate Eggs and Vanilla:
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Mix in the vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
C. Dry Ingredients:
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
2. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until the dough comes together.
D. Chilling the Dough:
1. Divide the dough into two equal portions, shape them into discs, and wrap them in plastic wrap.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until the dough is firm.
E. Preheat Oven and Roll Dough:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness, usually around 1/4 inch.
F. Cutting and Baking:
1. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough.
2. Place the cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, leaving some space between each.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies are cool, you can decorate them with icing, food coloring, sprinkles, or edible glitter.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Chilling Time: 1-2 hours
- Baking Time: 8-10 minutes per batch
Nutritional Facts On Domino Sugar Cookies Recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Saturated Fat||3.7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
While Domino Sugar Cookies are undoubtedly a delightful treat, they should be enjoyed in moderation due to their high sugar and butter content.
However, baking and enjoying these cookies can offer some psychological and social benefits, such as stress relief and bonding with loved ones during the baking process.
Domino Sugar Cookies are incredibly versatile and can be served in various ways:
Enjoy them as-is with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.
2. Iced and Decorated:
Customize your cookies with colorful icing and sprinkles for a festive touch.
Create cookie sandwiches by spreading frosting or jam between two cookies.
4. Dip Them:
Dip the cookies in melted chocolate for an extra indulgent treat.
Package them in decorative boxes or jars to give as gifts for special occasions.
To preserve the freshness and flavor of your Domino Sugar Cookies:
1. Airtight Container:
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
You can freeze baked, uniced cookies for 2-3 months. Thaw them at room temperature before decorating.
Should sugar cookies be soft or crispy?
You will find that most sugar cookie recipes are one or the other. With this recipe, you can enjoy both crispy and soft sugar cookies!
You can adjust the amount of water added for crispy sugar cookies or add just enough water to make them smooth.
In addition, you may even replace half of the shortening (1/2 cup) with butter to give your sugar cookies extra flavor!
What is the best thickness for sugar cookies?
The semolina sugar cookies recipe is best for delicate sugar cookies. For thick sugar cookies, try out the butter-based sugar cookie recipe!
How can I make my sugar cookies taste better?
Icing! You can use flavored icings such as butterscotch, chocolate, or cinnamon. Alternatively, you may use two different-flavored icings–one for the outer edge of each sugar cookie and one for the center.
Can I Freeze Domino Sugar Cookies Recipe?
The Domino sugar cookies can be frozen. You can freeze them by placing the strip of dough in two layers on a baking sheet, with at least an inch of space between each layer.
Freeze for at least 1 hour to harden. You then may wrap each roll of dough in plastic wrap or store it in a zip-lock bag and freeze it for up to 2 months (in the freezer).
Vintage sugar cookie recipe
A sugar cookie recipe from the 1950s! It is the best sugar cookie recipe I have found, and I wanted to share it with you. It uses all-purpose flour, so it is not low-carb. This sugar cookie recipe can be assembled ahead of time.
Domino Sugar Cookies are a delightful treat that can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion or to satisfy your sweet tooth, these cookies are sure to please.
So, gather your equipment, follow the instructions, and let your creativity shine as you decorate and savor these delicious homemade cookies.