KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe is a recipe for fried chicken drumsticks. Like any fried food, it is not suitable for you in the long run, but if you want to indulge and enjoy a chicken drumstick like KFC, this recipe will get you pretty close.
It is a great way to make your fried chicken drumstick close to KFC’s. I talk about some fantastic ways of flavoring the drumstick batter in the recipe.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe?
- Chicken drumstick- 8-10
- Hard-boiled eggs, peeled – 2
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup
- Green onion – 4 tbsp., finely chopped.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil (vegetable) – 3 tbsp.
- Vinegar or yogurt – ¼ cup
1. Prepare the chicken drumsticks by removing all the fats and rubbing them with salt, pepper, and a pinch of baking soda. Cover the drumsticks with cling film and place them in the fridge overnight. The following day, coat each drumstick with bread crumbs and deep fry them until cooked from all sides. Set aside on a plate covered with kitchen paper to drain excess oil from the chicken.
2. Peel and cut the hard-boiled eggs into halves.
3. Heat 3 tbsp. of cooking oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the chicken drumsticks until golden brown.
4. Place the chicken drumsticks on a plate covered with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
5. Mix salt, pepper, vinegar or yogurt, water, and green onions in one bowl. Add the hard-boiled eggs and toss them with vinegar or yogurt sauce before serving them on top of the drumsticks.
1. If you want to swap the green onions with any other vegetable, you can substitute them in this recipe.
2. You may use more or less vinegar or yogurt depending on your preference and taste buds.
3. You can mix this dish with yogurt or vinegar instead of chicken drumsticks if you want to reduce the calories in your meal.
4. This recipe is best for serving four people as there are two drumsticks for each person and one egg for each person (two egg halves).
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Note: Above times are estimated and will vary depending on your cooking skills and the equipment used to make This Recipe.
Nutritional Information Of KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Total fat||18 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0.2 g|
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
06 Amazing Health Benefits Of KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
1. Healthy Diet
Chicken drumsticks are also known as chicken legs. Both are part of the chicken’s end section, but drumsticks consist of the upper joint of the leg with the thigh. It is usually the boneless part and is considered lean and healthy.
2. Helps to prevent heart disease
Chicken drumstick consists of protein and other vital nutrients that fight heart disease by lowering harmful cholesterol levels in your body while increasing good cholesterol levels like HDLs (high-density lipoproteins).
3. Prevents osteoporosis
Chicken drumsticks are a rich source of Vitamin D, which plays a significant role in building and maintaining bones.
The deficiency of vitamin D can lead to weak bones and even osteoporosis. Including a chicken drumstick in your diet gives you enough calcium to promote bone health and prevent osteoporosis.
4. Provides energy
Chicken drumsticks may not be the most flavorful part of the chicken, but they provide an essential energy source to keep going throughout the day.
5. Healthy for your bones and teeth
Chickens need minerals to grow strong, which include calcium and phosphorus. Eating chicken drumstick can contribute to healthy bone growth and also help in preventing tooth decay as it contains a lot of dietary fiber. It is a rich source of fiber, which prevents constipation and thus keeps your colon healthy.
6. Provides Vitamins
Chicken drumsticks contain Vitamin A, an antioxidant that enhances eyesight and reduces the risk of lung cancer. Vitamin A is also necessary for cell growth, thyroid regulation, and skin health.
How many calories are in a chicken drumstick from KFC?
Calories in a chicken drumstick from KFC amount to approximately 200 calories per serving. The amount of calories in a chicken drumstick depends on the size of the portion and the preparation method used.
Is KFC chicken healthy?
KFC chicken is healthy if you choose grilled chicken over fried chicken. You can also substitute the thighs with drumsticks or get boneless chicken pieces without the skin to cut down on fat and calories in your diet.
What oil does KFC fry their chicken in?
KFC uses canola oil to fry their chicken, which is found in most hot foods. It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which lower cholesterol and fat while raising HDL cholesterol.
How To Store KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe?
Chicken drumsticks should be eaten within four days. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator.
To determine if they are fresh, smell them and taste them. If they smell like chicken, they are still good and can be eaten within the day.
KFC is one of the most famous American fast-food restaurants. The Original Chicken Drumstick is perfect for making your meal more delicious.
Enjoy the simple recipe from above, and please share it with your friends on social media. Thanks for reading, and stay healthy! Let us know if you have any other exciting recipes!