If there’s one thing that can transport your taste buds straight to dessert heaven, it’s the legendary Maggiano’s Butter Cake.
This delectable treat, with its irresistibly rich and buttery flavor, has become a hallmark of culinary delight.
Lucky for you, we’re here to unveil the coveted recipe, complete with all the necessary details to recreate this culinary masterpiece in the comfort of your kitchen.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Maggiano’s Butter Cake Recipe?
- 9-inch Spring Form Pan: This type of pan is perfect for creating a flawless cake with easy removal.
- Mixing Bowls: You’ll need both a large mixing bowl for the cake batter and a smaller one for the sauce.
- Electric Mixer: To ensure a smooth and consistent cake batter.
- Spatula: For folding and scraping the batter.
- Whisk: For preparing the sauce.
- Saucepan: For heating and combining the sauce ingredients.
- Oven: To bake the cake to perfection.
For the Cake:
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour the spring form pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined; do not overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared spring form pan and spread it evenly.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While the cake is baking, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, butter, and granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a gentle boil. Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Baking: 25-30 minutes
- Sauce Preparation: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts On Maggiano’s Butter Cake Recipe
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
Let’s be honest, Maggiano’s Butter Cake is a treat meant for indulgence. While it’s not exactly a healthy food, it’s important to enjoy such desserts in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
The cake’s main components are butter, sugar, and cream, which contribute to its decadent taste. However, the occasional indulgence can provide emotional satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Serve the warm cake with a generous drizzle of the butter sauce on top.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Garnish with fresh berries or a dusting of powdered sugar to balance the richness.
- The cake can be stored at room temperature for a day or two, tightly covered.
- For longer storage, refrigerate the cake in an airtight container. Warm it slightly before serving to enjoy the full buttery texture.
- The sauce can be refrigerated separately and reheated gently before pouring over the cake.
Maggiano’s Butter Cake is a dessert experience like no other. With its melt-in-your-mouth texture and the perfect balance of sweet indulgence, it’s a delight that deserves a special place on your dessert table.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself, this recipe is your ticket to experiencing the magic of Maggiano’s in your own home.