Indulging in a slice of moist and flavorful carrot cake is a culinary experience that few can resist. When it comes to classic carrot cake recipes, Magnolia Bakery’s version stands out as a timeless favorite.
This delectable treat strikes the perfect balance between the wholesome goodness of carrots and the sweetness of cream cheese frosting.
Let’s delve into the secrets behind Magnolia Bakery’s famous carrot cake, including the necessary equipment, ingredients, instructions, health benefits, serving suggestions, and storage ideas.
Table of Contents
How To Make Magnolia Bakery Carrot Cake Recipe?
1. Mixing Bowls:
Use both a large mixing bowl for the batter and a smaller one for the frosting.
2. Electric Mixer:
A stand mixer or handheld electric mixer will make mixing the batter and frosting easier.
To grate the carrots finely.
4. Measuring Cups and Spoons:
For precise measurements.
5. Cake Pans:
Two round 9-inch cake pans for baking the layers.
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 Ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour the cake pans.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs until well combined.
Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Fold in the grated carrots, crushed pineapple, and nuts (if using).
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: Nutritional facts can vary based on the specific ingredients used.
Carrot cake may be a sweet treat, but it also boasts some health benefits. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that supports vision health and immune function. Additionally, the nuts in the cake provide healthy fats and protein.
- Top each slice with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of chopped nuts for an extra crunch.
- Enjoy a slice alongside a cup of hot tea or freshly brewed coffee.
- Serve at birthday parties, family gatherings, or as a delightful dessert for any special occasion.
- Store leftover carrot cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- To freeze, wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw slices in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Magnolia Bakery’s carrot cake is a testament to the timeless appeal of classic desserts. Its combination of moist cake, fragrant spices, and creamy frosting creates a symphony of flavors that is simply irresistible.
So, whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a comforting treat, this carrot cake recipe is sure to become a beloved favorite in your baking repertoire.