The MMA Polokwane Fruit Cake is a unique culinary creation that blends the rich tradition of fruit cake with the distinctive flavors of Polokwane, South Africa.
This recipe offers a delightful combination of textures and tastes, making it a perfect treat for any occasion. From its preparation to its health benefits and serving suggestions, this article will guide you through every aspect of crafting this delectable dessert.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Mma Polokwane Fruit Cake Recipe?
- Mixing bowls (various sizes)
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Wooden spoon
- Cake pan (9-inch round)
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups mixed dried fruits (raisins, currants, chopped dates, candied orange peel)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and grease the cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a larger mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
6. Gently fold in the mixed dried fruits and chopped nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then, transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 25 minutes
- Baking Time: Around 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts On MMA Polokwane Fruit Cake Recipe
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
1. Dried fruits provide essential vitamins and minerals, including dietary fiber, potassium, and antioxidants.
2. Nuts are a good source of healthy fats, protein, and nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium.
3. Spices like cinnamon and nutmeg offer potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties.
- Serve slices of MMA Polokwane Fruit Cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for an elegant dessert.
- Enjoy it alongside a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee to complement the flavors.
- Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap or parchment paper, then store it in an airtight container to maintain its moisture.
- For prolonged freshness, consider refrigerating the cake, especially in warmer climates.
The MMA Polokwane Fruit Cake Recipe is more than just a dessert; it’s a testament to the fusion of culinary traditions and a celebration of flavors.
With its mix of dried fruits, nuts, and aromatic spices, this cake captures the essence of Polokwane while offering healthful benefits.
Whether enjoyed at festive gatherings or intimate moments, this fruit cake is sure to delight the taste buds and create lasting memories.