Carrot cake, with its delectable blend of flavors and moist texture, has secured its place as a beloved classic in the world of desserts.
Adding an Oregon Farms twist to this timeless treat brings a delightful fusion of farm-fresh ingredients and irresistible taste.
In this article, we present you with the Oregon Farms Carrot Cake Recipe – a masterpiece that celebrates the wholesome goodness of locally sourced produce. From the necessary equipment to serving suggestions and health benefits, we’ve got you covered.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Oregon Farms Carrot Cake Recipe?
- Mixing bowls (various sizes)
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cake pans (8 or 9-inch rounds)
- Cooling rack
- Offset spatula (for frosting)
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups finely grated Oregon Farms carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (such as sunflower or canola oil)
- Four large eggs
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment paper for easy removal.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the eggs until they’re lightly frothy. Add in the granulated sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale and slightly thickened.
Gradually pour in the oil while continuing to mix. Add in the vanilla extract as well. Mix until the wet ingredients are well combined.
Incorporate the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture in batches. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
Fold in the grated carrots, nuts (if using), and shredded coconut (if using), until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Divide the batter equally between the prepared cake pans. Smooth out the tops with a spatula.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Approximately 20 minutes for preparation
- 25-30 minutes for baking
- Cooling time varies
Nutrition Facts On Oregon Farms Carrot Cake Recipe
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
The Oregon Farms Carrot Cake boasts several health benefits, thanks to its key ingredient – carrots. Carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene, which is converted into Vitamin A in the body.
Vitamin A is crucial for maintaining good vision, promoting immune health, and supporting skin health. Additionally, carrots offer dietary fiber, antioxidants, and essential minerals, making this cake a more nutrient-dense dessert option.
- Enjoy a slice of Oregon Farms Carrot Cake as a delightful afternoon treat, paired with a cup of herbal tea or coffee.
- For a more indulgent serving, add a dollop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of cream cheese frosting on top.
- To store the carrot cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
- Refrigeration can help prolong the cake’s freshness, especially in warmer climates.
- If desired, you can freeze individual slices for up to 2-3 months. Thaw slices in the refrigerator before consuming.
The Oregon Farms Carrot Cake Recipe encapsulates the essence of farm-fresh goodness and timeless dessert pleasure.
With its blend of locally sourced ingredients and healthful benefits, this carrot cake is not only a delightful treat for the taste buds but also a celebration of wholesome indulgence.
Whether enjoyed on its own or adorned with a touch of frosting, this carrot cake is bound to bring joy to any gathering or solo moment of indulgence.