If you’re a confectionery enthusiast with a penchant for elegance and flavor, the Raspberry Macaron Cake will captivate your taste buds and impress your guests.
This delicate dessert combines the crispiness of macarons with the lush sweetness of raspberries, resulting in a masterpiece that’s as visually appealing as it is satisfying to the palate.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process, from gathering the necessary equipment and ingredients to savoring the final creation while exploring its nutritional benefits, serving ideas, and more.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Raspberry Macaron Cake Recipe?
Equipment You’ll Need:
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Piping bags and tips
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cake pans (two 8-inch pans)
- Cooling rack
- Knife or offset spatula
For the Macarons:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Food coloring (optional)
For the Cake:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
1. Begin by preparing the macarons. Sift almond flour and powdered sugar together in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, gradually adding granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold dry ingredients into the egg white mixture, adding food coloring if desired. Pipe small circles onto parchment-lined baking sheets and let them sit for about 30 minutes to develop a shell. Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 15-18 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) for the cake. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating between them, and mix until combined. Divide the batter between the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the cakes cool completely.
3. For the filling, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the powdered sugar and mashed raspberries.
4. To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a layer of raspberry filling evenly. Place the second cake layer on top. Frost the entire cake with the remaining raspberry filling.
5. For decoration, carefully arrange the macarons on the cake.
Approximately 2.5 – 3 hours (excluding cooling and setting time)
Nutritional Information Of Raspberry Macaron Cake Recipe
Note: Nutritional facts can vary based on the specific ingredients used.
Serving and Storing
Serve this exquisite cake at a tea party, bridal shower, or any special occasion. It’s best stored in the refrigerator due to the fresh raspberry filling. Consume within 3-4 days for optimal taste and texture.
Can I use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones for the filling?
Fresh raspberries are recommended for better texture and taste, but you can use frozen raspberries if needed. Thaw and drain them before mashing.
My macarons turned out flat. What went wrong?
Flat macarons are often the result of overmixing the batter. Fold the ingredients gently until just combined for the best results.
Can I make the cake layers in advance?
Yes, you can bake and wrap the cake layers in plastic wrap, then freeze them for up to a month. Thaw them before assembling the cake.
The Raspberry Macaron Cake is an enchanting masterpiece that merges the elegance of macarons with the allure of raspberries. Its combination of flavors and textures makes it a truly unforgettable dessert.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting, this recipe is a delightful endeavor that will surely be a hit among friends and family.