When the sun is shining, and the temperature is rising, there’s nothing quite like indulging in a refreshing and delightful dessert that captures the essence of summer. One such treat that perfectly encapsulates the spirit of the season is the Strawberry Float Cake.
This heavenly dessert combines layers of moist cake, luscious strawberries, and velvety whipped cream for a taste sensation to have your taste buds dancing.
This article takes you through the exact ingredients, step-by-step instructions, serving ideas, and tips for storing this delectable creation.
Table of Contents
Making Procedure Of Strawberry Float Cake Recipe
For the Cake Layers:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Filling:
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A. Prepare the Cake Layers:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C); grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
7. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
B. Prepare the Strawberry Filling:
Combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to macerate and release their juices.
C. Make the Whipped Cream:
Wash the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a chilled mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
D. Assemble the Strawberry Float Cake:
1. Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread a layer of whipped cream over the top.
2. Spoon half of the strawberry filling over the whipped cream.
3. Place the second cake layer on top and repeat the process with whipped cream and the remaining strawberry filling.
4. Finish by spreading a layer of whipped cream over the top and sides of the cake.
E. Serving Ideas:
1. Serve slices of Strawberry Float Cake with additional fresh strawberries for extra flavor.
2. For an elegant touch, drizzle a strawberry sauce over the top of the cake before serving.
1. Store the Strawberry Float Cake in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or an airtight container.
2. Due to the fresh strawberry filling, consuming the cake within 2-3 days is best to ensure optimal flavor and texture.
Do Frozen Strawberries Work In This Recipe?
They do! Frozen berries allow you to add them directly into the batter without defrosting, and they mix up nicely without having to puree them completely.
We recommend pulsing the berries in a blender or food processor until they become smooth to get a fluffier texture.
How Long Will Fresh Strawberries Last In A Cake?
Fresh strawberries will last on the cake for about 4 days. To keep them fresh for longer, place the strawberries with a few pieces of paper towel in a cup or bowl and put them in the refrigerator.
What Is The Best Way To Store The Strawberry Float Cake Recipe?
Store the Strawberry Float Cake Recipe in an airtight container that is tightly sealed. An airtight container will keep moisture and oxygen from getting into your cake and causing it to decay. A tightly sealed container will also keep your cake fresher longer.
The Strawberry Float Cake is a delightful and visually stunning dessert that captures the essence of summer in every bite.
With its layers of moist cake, juicy strawberries, and creamy whipped cream, it’s a treat that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a special indulgence for yourself.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and get ready to create a slice of summertime heaven with this delectable Strawberry Float Cake recipe.