When it comes to dessert, finding the perfect balance between indulgence and nutrition can sometimes feel like an impossible task.
Enter the Tahini Carrot Cake – a delightful twist on a classic favorite that satisfies your sweet tooth and packs a punch of health benefits.
This unique recipe combines the rich flavors of tahini with the wholesome goodness of carrots, resulting in a moist and flavorful cake that will surely become a household favorite.
So, let’s dive into tahini carrot cake, exploring its ingredients, instructions, health benefits, suggestions, and storage ideas.
Table of Contents
How To Make Tahini Carrot Cake Recipe?
For the Cake:
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3-4 medium carrots)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Tahini Frosting:
- 8 oz. (226g) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the sugar, tahini, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Mix until smooth.
4. Gradually add the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
5. Fold in the grated carrots until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Packed with beta-carotene, carrots promote good vision and provide antioxidants that support overall health.
Rich in healthy fats, tahini is a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, and essential minerals like calcium and iron.
This spice has anti-inflammatory properties and may help regulate blood sugar levels.
4. Cream Cheese:
While it adds indulgence, using it in moderation can still offer some protein and calcium.
Slice the tahini carrot cake into wedges and generously frost it with the Cream Cheese Tahini Frosting. Garnish with chopped nuts, a tahini drizzle, or a cinnamon sprinkle for an extra touch.
Serve alongside a warm cup of herbal tea or coffee for a delightful afternoon treat or as a dessert to impress guests.
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
To extend the shelf life, you can freeze the cake (unfrosted) for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before frosting and serving.
The Tahini Carrot Cake is a culinary masterpiece combining irresistible taste and remarkable health benefits. Its blend of flavors and textures, paired with the goodness of carrots and tahini, make it a delectable dessert option.
Whether you want to satisfy a craving, impress your loved ones, or explore new culinary horizons, this recipe is a must-try.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and embark on a journey to create a cake that’s as delightful as it is nutritious.