There’s something inherently comforting about the aroma of freshly baked goods, and when the gentle notes of pumpkin and spices come into play, it’s truly a treat for the senses.
The Tartine Pumpkin Tea Cake is a perfect example of this, combining the earthy sweetness of pumpkin with a delicate crumb to create a moist and flavorful cake that pairs exquisitely with a warm cup of tea.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a fall favorite.
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Tartine Pumpkin Tea Cake Recipe?
- Mixing bowls (medium and large)
- Whisk or electric mixer
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wire rack
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Baking: 50-60 minutes
- Cooling: 1 hour
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
Health Benefits Of Tartine Pumpkin Tea Cake Recipe
Pumpkin is rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin A and beta-carotene, which support eye health and immunity.
The spices used, such as cinnamon and ginger, offer potential anti-inflammatory and digestion-enhancing benefits.
- Enjoy a slice of Tartine Pumpkin Tea Cake with your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a luxurious dessert.
- Store the cooled cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- For longer storage, wrap the cake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and freeze it for up to 2-3 months.
Indulge in the cozy flavors of fall with this Tartine Pumpkin Tea Cake. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself, this recipe is a delightful way to celebrate the season’s bounty and create cherished moments around the table.