Tea time is a cherished tradition in many cultures, offering a moment of respite and relaxation amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life.
And what better way to complement this serene ritual than with a slice of delectable tea cake? Renowned chef and television personality Lakshmi Nair presents her exquisite Tea Cake recipe, which promises to delight your senses and enhance your tea-time experience.
With a perfect balance of flavors and textures, this cake is a testament to Lakshmi Nair’s culinary expertise. So, gather your ingredients, don your apron, and let’s dive into the world of baking and indulgence!
Table of Contents
How To Prepare Tea Cake Recipe Lakshmi Nair?
- Mixing bowls (various sizes)
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cake mold or loaf pan
- Baking parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare your cake mold by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer or whisk.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This helps create a smooth and airy texture.
4. Mix in the vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the cake batter.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. This dry mixture will provide the structure and rise to the cake.
6. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined; overmixing can lead to a dense cake.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake mold and smooth the top with a spatula.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the mold for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Approximately 20 minutes for preparation, 40-45 minutes for baking, and additional cooling time.
Nutritional Analysis Of Tea Cake Recipe Lakshmi Nair
Note: Values are approximate and can vary due to natural variations in the ingredients.
While this tea cake recipe is undoubtedly a treat for your taste buds, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation.
The cake contains essential nutrients from the eggs and milk, offering a source of protein and calcium. However, it’s also high in sugar and butter, so it’s best enjoyed as an occasional indulgence.
Lakshmi Nair’s Tea Cake is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways:
1. Classic Pairing:
Serve a slice of tea cake with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee for a delightful afternoon pick-me-up.
2. Enhanced Flavors:
Consider spreading a thin layer of butter, jam, or honey on the cake for an extra layer of flavor.
3. Fruit Medley:
Accompany the cake with a side of fresh berries or sliced fruits for a refreshing twist.
- To ensure your tea cake remains fresh and delicious:
- Store the completely cooled cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you want to prolong its shelf life, refrigerate the cake for up to a week.
- For longer storage, wrap the cake securely in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Lakshmi Nair’s Tea Cake recipe is a wonderful addition to your culinary repertoire. It offers a harmonious blend of flavors and a comforting texture that’s perfect for tea time or any special occasion.
Just remember, while indulging in this delicious treat, it’s essential to savor it mindfully and share it with loved ones to truly appreciate the joy it brings.